Provide support to the Tax Department with return preparations and filings.
• Prepare federal, state and local returns required for Client’s corporations and
· partnerships including income, sales and use, property, business licenses, annual reports,
· and unclaimed property.
• Research tax return and filing related issues.
• Prepare Federal and State estimated tax payments and requests for extensions of time to file for Client entities.
• Calculate Federal and State fuel tax credits.
• Assist with tax carryovers and net operating loss carryovers for both regular and alternative tax purposes.
• Maintain calendar of tax return due dates and filings.
• Monitor status of refunds.
• Monitor tax expense accruals for property, sales and use and business license taxes.
• Assist with the maintenance of the schedule of State/Local Sales and Use tax rates and
· inform the related stations in the field when there have been changes.
• Assist the Director of Tax and Treasury and Tax Manager with special projects
• Educate operating groups and accounting staff about Sales and Use Tax issues and Fuel
· Tax credit issues.
• Respond to inquiries of operational personnel.
• Identify tax incentive opportunities in state and local jurisdictions.
Qualifications and Competencies
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting
• 1 - 2 years of experience in tax or related discipline
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong oral and written communications
• Ability to establish and maintain positive, professional relationships with all stakeholders
• Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Excellent English, both written and spoken
• Personal and professional integrity of the highest order
• Self-driven and able to work independently