Job Type :
Temp/Contract to Direct
Job Category :
Job Description :
- Administration and maintenance of the Software Engineering and Product Development Test Laboratory in the Georgetown and Reston offices.
- Provide desktop support for and interact with our large team of software developers.
- Building and configuring PCs and laptops as well as loading client specific software to support developer tasks.
- Deployment of desktop operating systems using automated imaging software.
- Configure and troubleshoot connection issues with our Secure FTP application for AIR employees as well as outside clients.
- Responding to client tickets to troubleshoot the nature of reported problems and taking necessary steps to resolve those problems.
- Maintain inventory of the Test lab equipment and help facilitate the purchase of new equipment upon request.
- Perform a variety of tasks including documentation and improvement of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, or Software Engineering and at least 3+ years of experience in the IT Industry. Commensurate experience may be considered in lieu of the educational attainment.
- Experience configuring and maintaining desktop operating systems including Windows (XP, 7, 8), Linux (Ubuntu, Redhat, CentOS, Fedora) and Mac (OS 10.5 -
- Experience with drive partitioning, VirtualBox, and VMware Fusion.
- Knowledge of a variety of hardware platforms including Windows desktops/laptops, Macbooks, iPads, tablets, Chromebooks, and N-Computing devices.
- Knowledge of IT concepts, issues, practices, methodologies, and trends.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills, a very proactive and detail-oriented person and a strong team-oriented attitude.
- A+ Certified or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Network+ Certified or equivalent experience is preferred.
Required Qualifications :