Strategic Systems Engineer
Our Telecom Government Client is seeking applicants for a Strategic Systems Engineer to evaluate and technically apply current communications technologies and products against emerging programs of record and those of a strategic value. The candidate will assist our Research and Development team in the alignment of future products with the requirements and desires that are expressed by our customer community. The candidate will find strategic partners which can enhance our product offering and can give us a technical advantage in the pursuit of these programs and provide technical support throughout the organizational structure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Maintain technical proficiency of the existing product portfolio and assess emerging products.
· Review and evaluate requirements from RFI’s and RFP’s and respond to customer accordingly.
· Meet regularly with existing customer to identify emerging programs of opportunity.
· Identify innovative technologies and technical trends of our customers and convey these trends and insights to Executive team.
· Identify key technical partnerships with new customers that align with the Company’s strategic/special programs plan.
· Augment our account managers, systems integration, and field operations organizations with technical assistance as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certification or training, or work experience.
· Must have minimum 4 years of IT Network Engineering experience.
· Must be a citizen of the United States of America and can obtain and maintain a US Government Secret clearance.
· Must have experience in the following areas: Networking, WAN, LAN, Wireless and Wired Communication Networks, Cellular Communications, Servers and Storages, VoIP Phone Systems and Virtual Computing Environments.
· Working knowledge of VMWare, Hyper-V, NetApp, Pure Storage, Cisco HyperFlex, Nutanix, or HPE Hyper-Converged is desired.
· Must have a good understanding of Department of Defense (DoD) networks and their policies and procedures.
· Can prioritize tasks to meet tight deadlines.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to document procedures and interact effectively with executives, engineers, sales people, vendors, and peers is required.
· Military background and experience with deployable and tactical communication systems and a basic understanding of tactical SATCOM terminals is a plus.