Sr Accountant- CPA
The Senior Accountant will play a key role in accurately preparing accounting records and reviewing overall performance. This position will be responsible for a variety of general accounting functions that will include but are not limited to preparing journal entries to support the monthly accounting close. Preparing account reconciliations, preparing financial reports, and assisting with the annual audit. This role will need to take ownership of their assigned areas. The Senior Accountant will be required at times to back up other accounting staff when necessary, and will also have the opportunity to work on assigned projects.
· Prepare, approve and review journal entries related to specific accounts
· Prepare various account reconciliations; review account reconciliations prepared by other accounting staff
· Assist in the preparation of monthly analysis of income statement and balance sheet accounts
· Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements for internal and external review, including balance sheets, income statements, and statement of cash flows as well as footnotes.
· Assist in the preparation and delivery of year-end financial statements and notes.
· Work on various special projects.
Required Education and Experience
· Bachelor degree in Accounting
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
· Four to eight years of experience in private and public accounting (preferably a mix of private and public)
· Experience in general accounting (account reconciliations, journal entries, close procedures, monthly variance analysis, etc.) and financial reporting (consolidation, preparing f/s)
· Experience in working with various financial applications (e.g., Accounting for Mortgage Bankers).
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including Excel (e.g., experience using VLookups, pivot tables)
· Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
· Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
· Experience working in a mortgage finance company would be a plus
· CPA a MUST