Senior Network Engineer
TELECOMMUNICATIONS NETWORK ENGINEER
The Network Engineer will support LAN functions by providing skills and expertise in telecom engineering and operational support of current and new technologies to the Local Area Network. Must have experience in telecommunications network design and management. Desired experience and responsibilities will include:
· Must demonstrate the ability to work independently, or under only general direction, on requirements that are moderately complex to analyze, plan, program, and implement.
· Experience in analysis and design of voice networks, LAN and WAN data networks, wireless networks, and/or network management systems to support voice and data services.
· Analyzes and develops telecommunications networks supporting a wide range of capabilities, including voice, data, video, and/or wireless services.
· Develops designs and plans for installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems from project inception to conclusion.
· Analyzes the problem and the characteristics of the information to be transported. Defines the problem and develops system requirements and network specifications.
· Closely coordinates with other information system professionals to ensure proper implementation of network services. In conjunction with functional users, develops alternative solutions and backup plans.
· Must have at least ten (10) years telecommunications systems experience with at least three (3) years of local area network experience.
· Must hold DoD 8570.01-M compliant certification, one or more of the following:
o CompTIA Security+
o CCNA Security
· Must hold a Top Secret Clearance
· Must hold one or more of the following certifications:
o CCSE NGX, CCNA, CCNP, CCSP, SCNA, CCSE NGX Plus NG with AI, CCMSE NG with AI, CSMSE NG with AI Plus VSX, NSA, ESE
The big points are years of experience. 10 yrs for a Senior and 5 yrs for a Basic.
Both need: Top Secret Clearance, Sec + and CCNA -- a CCNA Security covers both Sec+ and CCNA.
- Must have active Secret Clearance
- IAT-Level II Certification (ex: Sec+CE)
- Industry Certification (ex: CCNA or CCNP)
- Ten (10) years of Network Engineer experience with 7+ years focused on telecommunications