Location : Richmond, VA
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Telecommunications
Job Category : Purchasing
Job Description :
The Purchasing Clerk procures designated materials, supplies, and equipment for departments and facilities at optimum quality, price, and delivery.
- Monitor stock levels and identify purchasing needs
- Update internal databases with order details (dates, vendors, quantities, discounts)
- Maintain budgets on the system
- Match purchase orders to invoices, collecting POD’s
- Provide customer service to programs & vendors regarding purchasing issues
- Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders
- Evaluate offers from vendors and negotiate better prices
- Prepare cost analyses
- Receiving material in Oracle and warehouse management system.
- Getting PO ship dates from vendors and inputting into Oracle.
- Maintaining project BOMs/purchases for DISH project.
- Purchasing/supply chain experience and ERP system background.
- Basic excel skills needed (not v-lookups or pivot tables).
- Strong customer service focus and skills
- Experienced in Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Hours – 8:30-5:00
Required Qualifications :