Location : Leesburg VA
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Food
Job Category : Accounting/Auditing
Job Description :
- Responsible for direct management of payroll team supporting including, but not limited to:
- Hiring, training, development of associates
- Management and measurement of day-to-day performance to expectations
- Communicating, reviewing, and tracking KPIs
- Maintains payroll information by designing systems; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
- Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers.
- Pays employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Perform various payroll accounts reconciliations and resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Perform all monthly Journal Entries, operating cash account reconciliation and related journal entries
- Perform various detailed month-end allocations for fringe benefits, shared costs & indirect cost
- Knowledge of Canadian and California Payroll laws
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains payroll staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Works in partnership with the Accounting Team, HR team and Local internal Ops teams. One Team, one goal.
- Assist with special business related projects as requested and projects that payroll services
Required Qualifications :
Union Experience Needed!
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field required
- Certifications (preferred)
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
- Payroll Manager (CPM) or Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP)
- Member of American Payroll Association
- 8-10 years of payroll experience with 3 years of supervisory experience
- Strong supervisory and interpersonal skills including strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills and a positive can-do attitude are critical
- Knowledge/Experience with Vista Payroll (built by PDS) and SAP Accounting software
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to be flexible in a changing environment and to handle multiple tasks
- Critical thinking and strong analytical skills.
Solid project management and administrative skills