Oracle Applications DBA
Senior Oracle Applications DBA to support implementation project in the initiation through deployment phases and facilitate an effective transition of DBA activities to O&M production staff in a complex environment which includes Oracle applications R12.2.x, Oracle Single Sign-on, OBIEE/OBIA, web services/SOA, Oracle GRC, OEM, Markview and Sunflower and other customer specific, Oracle database-based applications. Responsible for day to day Oracle Apps DBA activities as well as support to special projects including new installs, patching, upgrades and external application rehosting migrations. Work cooperatively with functional and technical staff, manage service level agreements related to DBA activities including timelines and deliverables. The person should have excellent communication, time management skills and the ability to multitask to deliver in a fast-paced environment. The candidate must be US Citizenship.
Required Skills/Level of Experience:
· Provide technical support in the area of database administration, specifically focusing on technology, strategy and operations of Oracle apps R12.2, Sunflower, Oracle GRC, Oracle Single sign on, OBIEE and related bolt ons and underlying technologies.
· Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC), Oracle 12c Database, and Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle eBusiness Suite 12.2.x required
· Reports to Technical Infrastructure Lead including providing status report and attending weekly status meetings
· Support strategic projects with business partners and systems groups providing technical services on a wide range of database technologies running on UNIX Solaris and Windows platforms to ensure operational excellence.
· Perform installation and upgrade of applications, databases, and tools including patching of technology stack and databases.
· Apply database and application performance tuning techniques for keeping all environments at optimal performance.
· Responsible for meeting deadlines and SLAs related to creation and cloning of application and database environments including assignments for special projects.
· Work in a team environment and provide knowledge sharing to DBA team.
· Recommend improvements to processes and procedures to increase productivity, reduce maintenance cycles, and improve quality delivery.
· Ensure appropriate documentation is created and maintained for projects and operational procedures.
· Perform patching tasks for keeping all environments current with vendor patches.
· Comply with and follow the program's software configuration management and change control process for all system level changes.
· Support and maintain backup and recovery activities and processes utilizing Oracle RMAN (Recovery Manager).
· Perform cloning of application and database instances utilizing Oracle’s Rapid Clone methodology, Oracle RMAN (Recovery Manager), and Oracle RAC.
· Provide on-call support to production environments including weekend support
· Participate and provide support to testing activities for projects and monthly maintenance
· Perform software change configuration management functions through program standard tools to deploy approved changes to applications and database environments.
· Support and maintain password resets for server and database accounts.
· Work with Hosting Service provider for server, storage, network, and firewall requirements
- Created and maintain UNIX Shell scripts for automation of Oracle RMAN backup and recovery, and cloning of applications and database instances, monitoring etc.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- The person should have excellent communication, time management skills and the ability to multitask to deliver in a fast-paced environment.
The candidate must be US Citizenship.