The Network/Systems Engineer will be responsible for resolving technical problems in a help desk environment or at customer’s location by using his/her expertise in customer service and technical knowledge gained from prior experience to resolve issues surrounding systems configurations, usage, and training. The applicant will also respond to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support, as well as, provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 support to end users.
Required Skills (Basic Qualifications):
· Must have understanding of government networks.
· Must have experience with Cisco routers and switches as well as CUCM, VMWare and Windows operating systems.
· Must have an understanding of subnetting and routing technologies such as OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, IPSEC VPN, and GRE.
· Must have experience with Type 1 HAIPE devices (KG’s), Data Transfer Devices (DTD) and COMSEC procedures.
· Must be fluent with Microsoft Office Applications, to include Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
· Military background and experience with the AN/PSC-15 Global Rapid Response Information Package (GRRIP) or Klas Voyager systems and a basic understanding of Satellite technologies such as BGAN, X-Band, KU/KA, and C-Band is a plus.
· Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and flexibility with this position.
· Must be able to interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development teams to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem. Experience with network monitoring software and ticket systems are a plus.
· Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) is a plus.
· Must be a citizen of the United States of America, can obtain a Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance and possesses a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
• Associate’s degree or equivalent in related technical discipline; and one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Basic understanding of tactical SATCOM terminals.