IT Operations Lead
The IT Operations Lead builds, manages, and monitors the voice, data infrastructure, and cross-platform systems integration of the client.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manages and monitors the client’s core IT infrastructure (networking, VoIP, workstations, & otherendpoints)
· Monitors security compliance in accordance with organizational standards, policies, andprocedures
· Supervises the administration of IT systems, servers, and related network to ensure security and availability of services to authorizedusers
· Ensures high availability of technology platforms that support internal employee business functions and external customercontact
· Evaluates new technologies and platforms to determine their applicability to solving our business challenges andneeds
· Recommends and implements new IT platforms and infrastructure platform, to include IaaS, servers, network, devices, data, and systems management/monitoring
· Develops IT processes focusing on IT risk/securitymanagement
· Assists in the development of formal change, release, and deployment management processes, to include notifications of planned and unplanned outages for managedsystems
· Documents the design, operation, and troubleshooting of technology platforms andprocedures
· Coordinates with various internal departments, vendors, and management serving as a technical resource and supporting all IT and operationsactivities
· Develops and implements user communication and adoption programs related to core IT services and managed systems in coordination with BusinessAnalysts
· Maintains local inventory and manages softwarelicensing
· Monitors data backups in offices to ensure that they are completed on a regular basis
· Manages assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives
· Serves as one of the primary points of contact for service providers and coordinates systems design, infrastructure provisioning/configuration and troubleshooting
· Responds to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel, outside vendors, etc. to provide technical assistance andsupport
·Serves as an escalation point for IT service requests & incidents; providing hands-on IT support on an as neededbasis
Provides occasional after-hours and weekend work as required to ensure full systems availability and/or deploy new technologysolutions
· Performs other duties asassigned
A bachelor’s degree in computer science or MIS or commensurate experience is required. Must have a minimum of five years of experience supporting, monitoring, and managing IT infrastructure that is primarily comprised of Windows and Cisco devices. Must have experience monitoring enterprise Ethernet, VLANs, DNS, DHCP, routing, switching and IP addressing utilizing Cisco infrastructure. Experience managing virtualization technologies particularly VMWare vSphere is required. Must have knowledge of Windows servers/workstations, VMware, anti-virus, and monitoring / end- point management systems.
Must have excellent communication skills and experience effectively communicating with technical and non-technical audiences, as well as demonstrated efficient and effective use of problem-solving and task prioritization to solve complex challenges. Must be able to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal. Must possess an ability to work well with others as well as independently, with extreme attention to detail.