Internal Controls Specialist
Reporting to the Manager of Internal Controls System (ICS), the incumbent will join a team of professionals that will perform financial, operational and technology reviews to evaluate internal controls as well as compliance with laws, policy, regulations and internally published procedures. These evaluations will be critical to deliver valuable recommendations and influence change in support of operational, and organizational goals.
ICS’ priorities are operationally-risk based and focus on strong governance, transparency, strategic engagement and fostering an environment characterized by high ethical and professional standards.
The following responsibilities are associated with this job role:
- Assist in developing the review plan and riskmatrix
- Perform and complete ICS walkthrough and testing for stations as well as HQ to ensure adequate level of internal controls within the areas of revenue, accounts payable, payroll, general ledger,etc.
- Perform comprehensive and robust review as well as documentation. This includes: identifying and defining issues, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and properly documenting whether business processes and procedures follow Company policies, standards, and applicable statute.
- Collaborate with the field, finance, business/operations, and corporate process owners tohelp ensure ongoingcompliance.
- Identify improvement opportunities and develop recommendations for corrective/improvement action plans.
- Assist in communicating the results of the review via writing, and verbal presentations to all levels of management. This will include detailing the findings, conclusions, agreed-upon corrective actions, and the timeline for remediation whererequired.
- Prepare work papers and flowcharts to document and support findings andconclusions.
- Oversee and track effective remediation of identified controlweaknesses.
- Assist in providing training to Swissport Station leaders asneeded.
- Assist in developing new policies and procedures, as needed and regularly maintainexisting SOP’s, procedures, and work flowdiagrams.
- Build strong working relationships with stakeholders and team members to deliver results, and support businessperformance.
- Assist in facilitating with external auditors during the annual IFRS audit to helpcoordinate requests.
- Any other special projects, or duties as assigned by management of Internal Controls.
- Exceptionally strong and proven analytical skills with strong attention todetail.
- Ability to analyze, prioritize and synthesize all types of information to enable timelyand effective review on a consistentbasis.
- Strong oral and writtencommunications.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, professional relationships with allstakeholders.
- Personal and professional integrity of the highest order; ability maintain requiredconfidentiality in this key financialposition.
- Self-driven and able to work independently; willingness to be hands-on and dig into the details.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Two (2) years of experience in public accounting, internal audit or corporateaccounting experiencerequired.
- Undergraduate / Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or similarrequired.
- Demonstrated understanding of preventative and detective internal controls, and segregation of duties (COSO Framework).
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) preferred.
- Knowledge of both IFRS and US GAAPpreferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with finance, planning and business intelligence systems; SAP FICO and/or Lawson Finance, HR and Payroll software experience stronglypreferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; advanced Excel, Word, Visio skillsrequired.
- English fluencyrequired.
- Ability to travel up to 25 - 35% (domestic), which may increase based on project plans or demands.