Internal Control Specialist
The Internal Control Specialist is actively involved in activities such as the preparation of detailed risk control matrix, the review of financial, operational, and compliance processes and procedures to help ensure overall company compliance with Corporate Policies & Standard Operating Procedures.
The Internal Control Specialist will assist the Internal Controls Team in defining the scope of reviews, identifying key risk areas, and identifying relevant controls across the organization in support of the annual risk-based review plan. This is a dynamic role that focuses on partnership with management to drive improvements for efficiency, and effectiveness.
The following responsibilities are associated with this job role:
· Assist in developing the annual plan for Internal Control System (ICS) reviews and testing.
· Assist in developing station specific internal control testing checklists.
· Perform and complete ICS walkthrough and testing for stations as well as HQ to ensure adequate level of internal controls within the areas of revenue, accounts payable, payroll, general ledger, etc.
· Provide management with results of the review after each visit, and assist with action plan implementation.
· Collaborate with the field, finance, business/operations, and corporate process owners to help ensure ongoing compliance.
· Assist in developing new policies and procedures, as needed and regularly maintain existing SOP’s, procedures, and work flow diagrams.
· Assist in providing training to Swissport Stations leaders as needed.
· Manage multiple assignments while meeting deadlines.
· Ability to work with various teams and departments.
· Assist in facilitating with external auditors during the annual IFRS audit to help coordinate requests.
· Any other special projects as assigned by management of Internal Controls.
· All other duties as may be required.
Qualifications and Competencies
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
· Minimum of 3-4 years financial audit experience.
· Basic understanding of preventative and detective internal controls and segregation of duties
· Excellent communication (verbal & written), organizational, and analytical skills
· Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio
· Ability to travel up to 45% (domestic), which may increase based on project plan or demands.