The Human Resources Information System (HRIS) Analyst will join the HRIS team to serve as the primary point of contact for all system matters related to the Lawson HRIS and other relevant processes and applications. The incumbent will report into the Director, HR Technology & Systems Administration, and supports the overall HR technology strategy while providing Lawson HRIS system and application maintenance and administration, reporting and analysis for improved decision-making and efficient processes across the client's region..
The following responsibilities are associated with this job role:
• Uses various means to collect data and report data to other departments within the company.
• Creates and maintains information systems and databases. HRIS analysts constantly monitor
system performance and identify processes that need improvement.
• Maintains systems data integrity regarding all employee information, including positions,
absence management, salary, and other related HR data.
• Maintains system reports and develops ad-hoc reports as requested.
• Processes employees’ requests for benefits enrolment and changes, as needed.
• Makes sure that security protocols regarding information systems are in place and followed.
• Supports in development of HRIS related process guides and user manuals
• Provides direction, guidance and training to HRIS team members, internal users and
associates to increase knowledge and proficiency in system usage.
• Supports with all HR related projects.
• Supports with system maintenance during system upgrades and patches.
• Writes and reviews data query reports.
• Responds to and diagnoses problems.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
• Bachelor's degree in related discipline.
• At least three (3) to five (5) years of relevant HR data management experience required.
• Proficiency with Lawson HRIS system required.
• Strong understanding of HR processes and procedures and basic statistical analysis
methodologies. Must be proficient in specialized report writing software; software applications including Word, Access, and Excel; database maintenance; and HRIS programs including report writing.
• Excellent organizational, communication, problem solving and analytical skills and attention to detail and the demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels (including Senior Management) across functional groups and business units.
• Ability to extract and manipulate data and present findings to non-technical users.
• Focused on quality and accuracy and possess a high degree of initiative.
• Must be able to handle highly sensitive data with the greatest degree of confidentiality.
• Must be able to utilize strong interpersonal skills when working with functional HR/Payroll business owners across all disciplines to understand business and user needs. Prioritizes business requests and partners with IT to execute system changes. Fully communicates with functional HR/Payroll business owners throughout the process.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and strong computer skills.