Our client is seeking an HR Generalist to provide support and service to the Human Resources Department. The HR Generalist responsibilities’ include; employee relations, compensation administration, and performance management. This position will manage employee discipline, coordinate training and development, as well as manage recruiting and retention of employees. In addition, this position is responsible for safety committee, inspections, action plans, accident incident investigations, and safety meetings. Duties include but are not limited to
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws, as well as corporate policies and procedures
- Maintain a working knowledge of labor and related laws, industry trends, and effective human resources practices through participation in seminars and classes, membership in professional organizations, reading, and contacts in the industry.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Keep the HR database, I-9 forms, and electronic employee file system organized and up to date.
- Advise managers and employees on human resources issues, policies, procedures and practices while developing strong partnerships with all departments in an effort to positively influence organizational performance and results.
- Partner with management to determine staffing needs, conduct interviews/selection of candidates, and play an active role in hiring decision process
- Facilitate internal job postings and coordinating the hiring process for vacancies, including applicant reviews, background checks, drug testing, etc.
- Prepare for and conduct new employee orientations
- Conduct initial investigations (e.g., harassment, policy violations, etc.) and advise management of findings and/or required actions to resolve day-to-day employee relations problems and protect corporation from legal liabilities
- Maintain employee data in HRIS by entering new hire information, changes, terminations, training data, etc.
- Work with supervisors and employees to resolve employee relations matters
- Assist employees with benefits enrollment and answering benefits related questions
- Process companywide payroll.
- Ensure confidentiality of all team member data in accordance with privacy policies and applicable law.
- Assist with in-company communications, including signs and announcements
- Work with management to improve morale
- Perform clerical duties such as retrieving and distributing mail, welcoming visitors to the plant, filing, copying, and etc.
- Prepare accurate and professional reports and documents utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- 4 to 6 years of HR Generalist work experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or PHR
- Knowledge and experience in employment law, talent acquisition, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, benefit administration, employee relations, safety, and training and development
- Bilingual in English and Spanish Preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize multiple work assignments; function from broad sets of work instructions; ability to analyze data and situations effectively and is detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills, a strong focus on top notch customer service, as well as demonstrates good decision making and judgment.