Location : Herndon, VA
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Category : Human Resources/Recruiting
Job Description :
- Assists employees and management with various HR paperwork required.
- Entering employee information into HRIS and payroll systems, including but not limited to: new hire information, direct deposit, garnishments, W-4, employee change information, and benefit deductions.
- Conducts new employee onboarding and orientation.
- Processes verifications of employment.
- Keeps employee records up to date on share drive and in HRIS.
- Enters employee information into benefit systems.
- Prepares various reports, documents and presentations with a variety of software applications in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Special projects as assigned.
Required Qualifications :
SKILLS AND OTHER COMPETENCIES
- Interpersonal Skills - maintain positive working relationships, remain open to others’ ideas and exhibit a willingness to try new things
- Communication – can speak and write in a manner that is clear and concise in positive or negative situations; edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively, and able to read and interpret written information; is an active listener.
- Integrity – interacts with all team members with honesty, respect and dignity. Serves as a positive role model in all aspects of business and human resources management.
- Planning / Organization – prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic actions plans
- Adaptability – adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Dependability – consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance
- Safety and Security – actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly
- Supportive – able to lead others in upholding company standards, policies and procedures
- Problem Solving – identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully
- Quality – demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality
- Very good knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality