General Manager, Cargo
Lead, develop and drive the overall strategic direction and business plan by orchestrating an ongoing planning process which produces a clear and compelling vision and mid- and long-term business objectives. Direct all aspects of the day-to-day operations at the station/local business unit level to ensure efficiency and performance in accordance with the corporate objectives, strategy and plans
- Oversee, monitor, and evaluate the Cargo operation's performance to ensure increased profitability, productivity, or market share.
- Direct the preparation of operating budgets and proposals for capital expenditure and investments in infrastructure, technology, equipment, systems, or other assets and resources; analyse and approve operational investments that best meet the organization's business needs.
- Monitor and track the financial performance and ensure that full accounts and records of all financial transactions are maintained. Provide financial reporting as required – (Board of Directors, Statutory Accounts, annual financial statements and reports, etc.,)
- Monitor and track quality standards of the Cargo operation and ensure continuous improvements in workflows and services to maintain competiveness.
- Lead, guide, evaluate, and develop a team with operational responsibilities to ensure that the organization achieves its business objectives and complies with all relevant regulations and laws.
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with all key stakeholders (customer airline’s management, airport management, customs, immigration etc) to meet business targets
- Implement, oversee and monitor all safety and security measures and KPI’S related to people, equipment, facilities and aircraft involved in the operation.
Key Performance Indicators
- HR Metrics
- Quality targets as set by Swissport and/or as agreed with customers
- Other KPI as defined by the business unit
Qualifications and Competencies
- University degree or equivalent, advanced degree in related field or professional certifications are advantageous
- Excellent working knowledge of business management principles and practices, financial concepts, and key drivers of profitability and operational performance.
- 5 years’ experience with P&L responsibility, preferably in the Aviation Industry
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Strong strategic skills and commercial acumen combined with the ability to motivate teams to deliver high quality standards
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, professional, internal and external work relationships with all stakeholders and interest groups
- Team focused management style that fits into a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong oral and written communications and ability to communicate and motivate at all levels
- A sense of urgency and a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Personal and professional integrity of the highest order