The Cloud Engineer is responsible for providing technology support services and product solutions expertise in the strategic growth areas of the company. The Cloud Engineer will work with the Company leadership and other Management team members to support the growth of the company through the development and deployment of advanced technologies for customers of client. Using an active and practical approach, the Cloud Engineer will collaborate and work as a team to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of cloud systems.
- Implement and configure AWS solutions using S3, EC2, VPC, and IAM
- Instantiate and configure AWS EC2 instances with a variety of operating systems including Linux and Windows. Have an understanding of and experience with configuring full deployed instances with EBS, snapshot configuration and ability to attach domains.
- Understand and configure Active Directory and LDAP for Linux and Windows.
- Implement backup and recovery processes using Backup snapshots, AMI’s and AWS Glacier and s3.
- Configure and implement AWS tools such as Cloudwatch, Cloudtrail and direct system logs for monitoring.
- Implement patching using YUM, WSUS, other methods
- Create DevOps Pipelines using Containers, PaaS Platforms such asOpenShift and Docker containers
- Ability to actively communicate, interact and solve critical customer problems.
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.