Call Center Specialist
Contract from December 30-June 30 with possible extension.
Hours 12pm to 9pm Monday through Friday
Participant Services functions as the primary point of contact for our client’s plan participants and investors. The unit is responsible for responding to participant and investor inquiry and transaction needs with the goal of building retirement security. The objective of this position is to address participants’ questions or concerns in the areas of investments, plan regulations, account specific information, online support, account maintenance, and account transactions via telephone in a professional, timely and accurate manner.
Essential functions for this role include:
- Provide excellent service to participants by utilizing effective listening skills to identify and address stated and unstated needs.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize effective communication skills to diffuse challenging situations and provide accurate and complete information in a clear, courteous, manner.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of client’s products and services and the rules and regulations governing retirement plans.
- Preform account maintenance (Masterfile changes) and account transactions (loans and disbursement requests and request fulfillment) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist participants with form completion, transaction processing and inquires, online access, plan enrollment, system navigation, and account specific inquiries.
- Research, track and resolve basic account issues by working with other associates or departments.
- Add value by directing participants to other resources, products, and services available
If you have the following credentials, we encourage you to apply:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 0-1 Year of experience in financial services or similar environment, plan record keeping experience is a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate via telephone and written communication
- Ability to utilize active listening
- Ability to research and resolve issues
- Proficient in MS Office including Outlook
- Ability to interact with others in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to process transactions with a high degree of accuracy, preferred