The Accounts Receivable department is looking for a billing specialist to prepare accurate and timely semi-monthly and monthly invoices in accordance with contract terms in our Deltek Costpoint accounting system and in Excel as required. Excellent customer service skills, positive attitude, attention to detail, accountability to complete work assigned independently with urgency, and the ability to balance multiple tasks will be key to success in this role.
- Prepare semi-monthly and monthly invoices from our Costpoint accounting system and Excel as required in accordance with specific contract terms.
- Reconcile billing data to Costpoint financial reports (PSR, Revenue Worksheet, Labor Summary, Timesheet Reports) and provide detailed unbilled dispositioning and analysis.
- Provide CLIN and ACRN analysis for invoice submittals in WAWF.
- Prepare labor and travel backup support documentation for each invoice as required.
- Work closely with the client's program managers to ensure the accurate and timely submittal of invoices.
- Solve problems and correspond with customers on invoice questions and payment status.
- Perform special projects in support of the Accounts Receivable department as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field
- Understanding of US Government contract terms and conditions as outlined under FAR, CAS, GAAP, and 2 CFR 200 regulations (T&M vs. CP vs. FFP) billing requirements)
- 1+ years of high volume A/R experience
- 1+ years of Costpoint experience (Deltek)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self starter with strong leadership skills (INITIATIVE TAKER)
- Familiarity with DFAS and ability to communicate with them
- Comfortable with calling customers and asking for payment status on invoicing
- U.S. citizenship required