Location : Reston VA
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Hospitality
Job Category : Human Resources/Recruiting
Job Description :
- Reston, VA, United States
Seeking a Benefits Specialist to join our growing HR Department. This position is part of a Benefits team that supports benefits programs for approximately 1,600 benefits eligible employees’ company wide.
- Administer 401(k) plan – post bi-weekly payroll uploads, update deferral changes, process loans and hardship requests
- Manage benefits enrollment and changes, partner with payroll department and vendors to ensure accurate billing and employee contributions
- Conduct benefits orientation for new hires, provide appropriate benefits packages
- Manage time off programs including FMLA and Workers Compensation program, coordinate ADA accommodation requests as needed
- Pay and reconcile invoices for all company and union sponsored benefits plans
- Process Medical Support Orders
- Coordinate COBRA and ensure appropriate correspondence is sent to terminated employees
- Create and disseminate censes and reports
- Process life insurance claims
- Respond to employee benefits inquiries via phone, email, mail, and/or fax
- Other special projects and tasks as assigned.
Required Qualifications :
- 2- 4 years of similar experience or 4 year degree with a concentration in HR or related field preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, the use of personal computers, and standard office productivity software, including word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong organization and project management skills; attention to detail; ability to problem solve
- Proven track record of providing responsive, timely customer support.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- HRIS experience is a plus.
- Experience supporting a hospitality or retail environment or operation in multiple states with a variety of salaried, hourly, tipped, non-tipped, union and non-union associates a plus.