Position Summary: Day to day processing of Accounts Payable in a timely manner.
1. Process weekly invoices for homebuilding subdivision and overheads which includes: checking invoice amount to contract and budget, coding, obtaining appropriate approvals and entering in accounting system for weekly check run.
2. Processing autopay invoices where invoices are paid based on work tasks being complete. This involves a high amount of excel work.
3. Matching POs to invoices when processing for payment ensuring coding and payment amounts are accurate.
4. Weekly submission of invoices that need resolution/sign off from field staff.
5. Matching checks with invoices for weekly mailing and filing all backup as appropriate.
6. Collecting lien waivers from vendors weekly if applicable.
7. Maintaining excel schedule of any invoices over budget to be reviewed with AP Manager.
8. Assist vendors with questions regarding unpaid invoices.
9. Monthly review of vendor statements.
10. Assist in processing utility invoices for all projects.
11. Ensure that all certificates of liability are current prior to mailing of checks (one person’s responsibility).
12. Review cost ledger for closed houses to ensure all invoices are paid before the house is closed from the system – contact vendors if needed for final bills.
13. Review cost ledger of monthly closed houses to determine cost to complete on each house.
14. Create and upload excel budgets into accounting system in a timely manner and enter budget changes as they are submitted.
15. Create and maintain various AP reports in excel as needed.
16. Prepare and enter journal entries as needed.
17. Attend regular accounting department meetings.
18. Attend other department meetings such as but not limited to Purchasing and Estimating Construction or Sales.
19. Keep manager informed on a weekly basis of any ongoing problems in written format with vendors or invoices.
20. Sort and distribute mail on a rotational basis with other staff members.
21. Other duties as requested.
1. Advanced oral and written communication skills.
2. Outstanding follow-up skills.
3. Can-do type individual with a lot of energy and a positive attitude.
4. Strong Microsoft Excel skills as well as computer experience to include AP processing software and Microsoft Word.
5. Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work effectively.
4 Year Degree with 1 Year Experience